1. Tightening of the anti-abortion law (submitted by Kaja Godek in 2017 as “stop abortion”). The proposed changes to the existing law include abolishing access to termination due to fetal abnormalities. The proposal wrongfully calls this “eugenic abortion”. Furthermore it limits access to prenatal check-ups, and does not introduce any form of support to affected families or those raising children with disabilities or terminal diseases.
2. Changes to criminal law meaning prison sentence for “popularising sexual activity in children (up to 18 years of age)” which may comprise criminalising sex education in schools. It is woth noting that age of consent in Poland is currently 15, meaning teenagers between 15 and 18 years of age may have sex, but not learn about it!
You can help too:
– spread awareness: share this post
– find out more: https://en.federa.org.pl/poland_srhr_bills/?fbclid=IwAR0rNZMdPbuIZSLqfz0iHuGZLqSUGk6nayRnr-WqAcQ5IwIsn8mmlIwWY8c
– join the movement: https://www.facebook.com/events/534534270781811/
Graphic: Ola Jasionowska, Photo: Radosław Wojnar